Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We Have a Winner!!!

It's finally here!  The day of the Big Giveaway.  I feel like such a professional blogger!  Just me and my 6 little readers :)

OK so, here goes.....

The rules were: 
1.  Leave a nice comment and
2.  If you told me how skinny I was looking then you were entered twice. 
Yay for Kim for taking advantage of that special rule!!  I am very disappointed that the rest of you didn't, but that's another post!!

First, we wrote names on cards for all the people who left a comment.  These are some of my favorite people in the whole wide world!




I could do a whole post on what is special about each of them but instead I will do a word association game - first adjective that comes to mind when I think of these people!  How fun!!



Sharon - meticulous
Nana - selfless
April - determined
Angie - gentle
Courtney - humble
Kim - vivacious

I have lots of other great things to say about these special people - they are from all my walks of life....but on to the Giveaway!!

Next, we shuffled the cards and lay them facedown.



Then,  my favorite child chose a card.  Well, to be honest I couldn't choose a favorite :) so I let Lauren pick cuz she is my firstborn and Jake will choose next!!   I like being fair!!


Drumroll please....

And the winner is...


Miss Courtney!!!!! Oh my gosh we are so excited!! Yay for Courtney!






Courtney was Jake's and Lauren's nanny for two years and I tried to keep her forever but she abandoned us for a job in San Jose teaching High School English at a brand new school..... Go figure!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Miss Courtney and always will.



Now, the fact that Miss Courtney is a vegan ( I think - although I don't know the difference between vegetarian and vegan - sorry!)  will NOT deter me from sending her this special gift written by The Pioneer Woman - a CATTLE RANCHER'S WIFE!!   I think Courtney will like the cinnamon rolls recipe...they are to die for! 

Good Luck next time all my loyal readers!  This one was so much fun that I have a new giveaway planned very soon.

P.S.  Sorry this post is later than 5:00 pm - we just returned from Lauren's interview at Bakersfield Christian High School....another post in itself... 
Just picture Joey walking in to LAUREN'S entrance interview with 3 pages of questions he plans on asking THEM!! 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited! I've totally had my eye on this cookbook! Did you all know four is my favorite number? And I'm not a vegetarian anymore, so I will be cooking up all kinds of yummy dishes! (Boris is a big meat eater, so he helped my kick my weird habit) :-)
I love the pictures! The O'Connell kids are the most gorgeous in the world! I miss you all so much! And I'm sorry I left....I literally cry every time I get your Christmas cards. I promise I will come visit when I am in Bakersfield next.

Aunt Anne said...

I'm a reader too! I'm a reader too! The only reason I didn't vote is b/c you're so skinny.