Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a GREAT Valentine's Day.  First of all, and maybe best of all....I got to sleep in!  Joey is Super Husband on the weekends and almost always, well, um,  ALWAYS  gets up with Sophie and lets me sleep in.  I assume that after 16 years of marriage he realizes that I am a much nicer person when I get lots of sleep :)

So...I wake up (late) to...  HEAVEN ON EARTH! 
A 1 lb. box of bordeaux candies from See's! 
My favorite favorite favorite!!  One time in college my mom sent me a 2lb. box and I devoured the entire thing!  She was the best mom ever!!!

Anyway, back to today... After I consumed at least 3, I proceeded to introduce my middle child to the loveliness that is a bordeaux!
 And do you know what he said as he slowly slavored the yumminess??

 Jake:  This is soooo good!  It's so good I can feel it in my ears.

Yep, I love him!

Anyway, here is a picture of what the box looks like less than 12 hours later:



After a nutritious breakfast of chocolates, Jake had baseball practice and Lauren did a little soccer practice with her Dad. (Pictures of the  bloody nose he gave her will be posted soon, but I felt like it might not be appropriate viewing for Valentine's Day). And the rest of the day was spent with my favorite people just hanging around the house and sneaking bites of bordeaux. 

Finally, since today is all about LOVE, I'm sharing a picture that I absolutely L-O-V-E!!

Lauren asleep on her dad's shoulder in New York City:


Hope your Valentine's Day was a Yummy as ours!

No comments: