So.... I've been admiring several blogs online lately ...some I LOVE LOVE LOVE like Pioneer Woman for recipes and funny tidbits- and others I LOVE LOVE LOVE because they allow me to keep up with people I don't see very often. So, I thought Why Not?? I'm officially beginning an O'Connell Family blog! I have no idea how to make a cute little header and I am barely able to insert pictures...but I'm learning, so hang in there...this will get better :)
My goal is that eventually all 5 of us will get involved and post happenings as they... well, happen!
So, I'll go first with a quick synopsis of life at the O'Connell house:
Sophie loves Dora. Jake loves Legos. Lauren loves her friends. And soccer. And her soccer friends. And volleyball. And her volleyball friends. Jill loves warm fires and electric blankets. And Joey loves Jill! Hee Hee...Well, I'M writing this!!
Big news from January...All 3 O'Connell kiddos were baptized on January 15th! It was a beautiful ceremony during chapel at school. Here are some pictures:
Sophie tells everyone that Pastor Hilken put water on her head because Jesus lives in her heart and He is building a house for her in Heaven. Jesus. Not Pastor Hilken :) It was a great day! My Dad was able to be there as well as my two nieces - super special!
If you're still reading then I have a surprise for you!
In honor of this inaugural blog I am doing a GIVEAWAY!!!
Yep, super famous bloggers do that and really rich people do that - both of which I am NOT, but how fun is this???? It's nothing big, but it is super wonderful...Here's how it goes. You post a comment to this blog entry and in one week (or some time close to one week) I will have one of my children...whichever is my favorite at the time...pick a # between 1 and the hundreds who I am sure will comment. That commenter (is that a word??) wins a...
drumroll please...
PIONEER WOMAN COOKBOOK!!!
My favorite!! YAY for you :)
Post something nice please or you will be disqualified and if you tell me how skinny I look I will put your # in twice for consideration of this lovely prize! Make sure I know who it is that is posting and I PROMISE that unlike birthday presents I will send this prize pretty soon - not a month or two late! Well...I will try! Good Luck since this will probably be my only giveaway :)
P.S. You all have a good chance of winning since only about 5 people will read this entry!
Have a great day!
Jill and the rest of the O'Connells
(notice no apostrophe cuz it's plural - NOT possessive - working on this with Jake right now!!)

4 comments:
Welcome the the blogging world! I would love to win the wonderful cookbook you are planning to give away. I love the Pioneer Woman! I am looking forward to reading more about what you are all up to.
Sharon
I LOVE your blog! Maybe that's because I never get tired ofat looking at pictures of my precious grandchildren! Just one question, though,....Jill, are you "regifting" my Christmas present to you??? Martha :)
et
Am I too late for the giveaway? Love the blog :)
Ok first...I LOVE THE O'CONNELLS. Such a cute blog!!! Gross picture of Lauren though..and im a nurse. Poor thing ;< Jill you are sooo skinny and have i told you lately how much I love your BLUE eyes?? LOL...Oh and by the way I love cooking..LOL again, but I might start liking it with a great cookbook!! Love you all, Kimbo
Post a Comment