Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sophie's New Job

Just a quick post today, because later tonight I'm puttin' up pictures of Sophie learning to swim!  Oh, she makes my heart smile!

Around our house my kiddos don't have very many jobs.  I could get all psychoanalytical and give you reasons why I do most everything for them, but I will spare you  :)  And I KNOW without a doubt that every parenting book, 'good' parent, pediatrician, and mother-in-law out there will tell me that they should have lots more responsibility around this house. 
Yes Yes, I know the whole argument for making them do some jobs around the house:    We are a team... They need to learn to be a functioning part of this team...  Responsibility will make them better people...  blah blah blah  :)

So, today I cave to the pressure!  But since Lauren and Jake are too far gone to ever redeem, I will give Sophie a job.... putting away clean silverware.

My little genius can count to 12 in English AND Spanish.  She sorts Legos, and finishes puzzles.  Certainly she can put away silverware. 



Hmmm... maybe Jake's job will be sorting out Sophie's job! 
I must say though that she was very proud of her little responsible self!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hillarious! I miss little Sophes! Tell her that Lassie says, I love you!