Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Little Swimmer... Almost

                    
Ten years ago, Joey was put in charge of teaching the munchkins to swim after Lauren's disastrous, I'm sure the neighbors called CPS due to all of the screaming, swim lessons with an instructor.  I am still traumatized by it!

So, a couple of nights ago, we started the "Teach Sophie to Swim" campaign.

As they got started I had to smile because the dialogue with all 3 of my kiddos has been the exact same! 
It's the universal language of learning to swim:

Munchkin: Daddeeeee!  Come closer!!!
Daddy:  I'm right here.  I'll catch you. 
Munchkin:  Come Cloooooserrrrr!!
Daddy:  I promise I will catch you.
And he ALWAYS catches!!











Advancing to the steps...






She smiled like this the whole time.
 
It's a good feeling knowing that your daddy will always catch you!!

More to come when she finally puts her head under the water.



1 comment:

Aunt Anne said...

This is the cutest thing ever! Just got caught up on all your blogging - so much going on with y'all this summer. CAN NOT believe that picture of Lauren at her graduation -- could be in a magazine! Love to all!