Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post that has to do with Gross Stuff... Beware!

Lauren is finally feeling a little bit better.  She has been in bed almost completely for the past 4 days, lost at least 5 pounds, and lived on pain medication and a little food.  I would not want to go through what she has... well, except for the whole losing 5 pounds thing. 
Anyway, we are positive she will be one thousand times better in the long run.  The doctor assures us that with the amount of swollen tissue/polyps/gross stuff he removed from her sinus cavities that this will definitely eliminate her chronic cough and bloody noses and she is sure to be sleeping better and having tons more energy throughout the day in no time. (He did not use the term "gross stuff".  That was all me.)
And that brings us to the picture!  Now, prepare yourself.  If you don't like the sight of weird blobs then definitely do not scroll down.  But, in all honesty, it is amazing that we have the technology to make her feel so much better by removing this stuff.   
So... if you have a gory fascination with this type of thing... well then Read On, my friend.  Read on!

Before Surgery:  I must tell you that her biggest fear was waking up during the procedure.  She told the anesthesiologist that she was soooo hungry that her stomach would surely wake her up because there are nights at home when that happens.  He smiled reassuringly and told her that that never happens.  Then he said, (are you ready for this) , "I mean pretty much, cuz you know there are never any guarantees in surgery." 
Ummm, are you kidding me??!!   I very quickly reiterated that it would NOT happen but she was a little thrown by that comment.  Luckily the doctor came in right after to see her before surgery and he told her she would NOT wake up.  Yay for our doctor!
Here she is starving waiting:  

And here she is in her hospital room after surgery.  She has packing in her sinuses that we get removed tomorrow. 


And now, for the best part... the following is what was keeping her from breathing well, and giving her bloody noses, and a horrible cough. 
 Drumroll, please...
(Remember don't look if you have a weak stomach!)



This came out of left, middle, and right areas.

 Oh. My. Gosh.  Are you dying at how disgusting that is??  I am!! 
And, once again...Hereditary.  Joey's side of the family.  'Nuff said.

Well, my friends, if you are still with me, we will keep you updated on how AMAZING she feels after her recovery and how much more energy she has.  I am so excited for her to feel good.  I think she doesn't remember what that feels like!  Although, I am hoping that her appetite doesn't increase as well.  There is no way we could afford that!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't believe ALL that stuff came out of her sinuses!! That is absolutely insane! I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

That is the "grossest" thing I have EVER seen and John took pix of my c-section! Oh my... I hope she is feeling much better!

Toni said...

Wow. I didnt even know that stuff existed in sinuses. I think she lost 5 pounds in gunk! Glad she is starting to feel better :)