Friday, August 27, 2010

First Friday

When I was in High School, I LOVED Friday nights.  They were the absolute best night of the week!  Especially in the Fall with football games and dances and the whole weekend to look forward to!  I think Lauren is going to feel the same way. 
Here she is this morning on her first Friday of High School.  Take notice of the "worthy of first week" outfit.  Comfy, yet cute :)

Again, I did not set my camera correctly to take care of the bright early sunshine... I'm going to have to get better at that!

So, back to loving Friday nights...  As a student I loved them, but I must say that these High Schools just don't give us mamas enough time to come to terms with the whole growing up thing!  There was a dance TONIGHT. 
The FIRST Friday of school!  What are they thinking??
Apparently someone thinks it's a good idea to have a big luau dance to accompany the football scrimmage and to welcome all the freshmen. 
 Me?  I wasn't quite prepared.  But, I put on a brave face and had Lauren invite her friends over to get ready... just so I could eke out every last minute with her before I sent her off into the big world of High School dances. 
I gave them all my "first impressions, don't earn a bad reputation, stay away from the bad boys, and never set your drink down"  speeches.  And, yes, they think I'm nuts.  But they were kind enough not to tell me.  Instead they just listened and nodded.  Such good girls!

And here are the cutie-patooties before they left.  They kinda remind me of a 2010 version of Charlie's Angels :)

They decided to get "kind of" luau-ed but not so much that they couldn't remove said luau items if nobody else was wearing them :)  So smart!

I can't believe she is at her first high school dance! 
I'm going to sit on the porch now and wait for her to come home.
Tell me it gets easier!

2 comments:

Lara Filgas said...

Since my kids are younger, I can't say if it gets any easier. However, looking at this trio, I can almost guarantee that you've got a long road of late nights ahead of you! What a group of head-turners.

Unknown said...

All I have to say is... too stinnkin' cute!!! Give my love to Lauren and like your earlier comment, I have no clue if it gets easier... that's where I expect you to pave the way for me and hold my hand when I get there! Love you Jiller!