Monday, August 9, 2010

Busy Summer Fun!

Wow!  Have we been busy!  The summer has flown by and the last two have gone the quickest of them all.  So sit back and let me share a little... well, a lot!
First of all, Lauren is doing fabulously post-surgery.  We have another check-up next week, but she's cleared to play sports and actually began volleyball try-outs for Frontier today.  Keep your fingers crossed.  LOTS of girls and not very many spots. 
One of the not -so- great results from the surgery was that she can't go completely under water for a while so there was no tubing or jet skiing for her on our recent trips to the lake.
We headed up recently with our special friends, the McMurrays.  Remember Kim, the daredevil?  Well, any trip with her is sure to be a blast.  Her kids are equally fun so Jake, Sophie, and even Lauren had a great time.

Jake and his buddies showing off their fish!


We also tubed a ton!  Lauren was a good sport and became the flag girl for the weekend.  The kids have actually become so experienced at tubing that now they like to jump from one tube to the next at 15-20 mph!

They are all nuts!
Kim's mom joined us for her birthday and even got in on the fun!

Like mother, like (crazy) daughter!

And since there wasn't enough water for the rope swing to be an option, the adventurous ones took to the waterfall.  P.S.  I'm not one of the adventurous ones, so I was able to photograph the fun!
Thinking about it...
Playing roh-sham-bo to see who would go down first:


Jake and Joey headed down together.


Sophie loves the boat, but this trip she mostly enjoyed digging in the sand and playing in the water with her friend, Emma. 


On this day she had to have braids just like Emma!



I love baby legs in bathing suits!

My girls heading to the water:
This was such a fun trip!  I'll post more pictures as soon as I get them all organized!

On the next episode of The Five of Us... Lauren's soccer team descends upon the Lake House for pre-season training. 
Stay tuned for some fun soccer on the beach pictures. 
And a few pics of Lauren getting ready to pass out from running those hills! 
13 soccer girls, 2 siblings, one little friend, and 4 adults = 1 very full house :)

I love being my kids' mom!  There is truly never a dull moment and one of the reasons I started this blog was to capture all of these fun happenings so I wouldn't forget even one special memory.  Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the best Mommy and your kiddos are so lucky! Miss all of you!