Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Not-So-Little Guy

Here are a couple pictures of my sweetie pie in his practice uniform.

I can't bear to attend practice yet and taking this picture is about as far as I've gotten in supporting this insane sport he and his dad have ventured into.  But, he LOVES it!!  He apparently plays Center.  Which means, for those of you who aren't super clear on how moms interpret football, that he will be pummeled on game day because he is the one person between the opposing team and his quarterback.  This doesn't seem to phase him one bit. 
He said his job is to hike the football and then block.  Now, doesn't that sound like too many jobs for a little almost 9 year-old???
And... when he plays defense he will play Linebacker or Corner.  Which means that if he survives his time on offense he will then be allowed to be the pummel-er instead of the pummel-ee.  Yikes!!!

Look at that sweet little face... I REALLY think he should ask to be the Punter!  Other people get in trouble for even touching the punter! Yep, Jake should be the punter.  I'll take it up with one of his coaches.  Of course, since his DAD is helping coach I don't think they will listen to his over-protective mama. 
I'll keep you posted on how many bruises he ends up with!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Jake has already learned the "do not smile in a sports picture" face. I have about 12 years worth of pictures of John with that same tough guy expression. I do think you need to remind Jake to tie his shoes before he takes to the field :)

Unknown said...

Yikes... I am NOT showing this to Jackson... I am NOT ready for this phase AT ALL!!!!