Friday, May 21, 2010

A Little More San Francisco... And an Almost Birthday Girl!

Hi all!
Lauren is on her 8th grade trip in sunny San Diego and I must say it is very peaceful here at home.  My little guy is pretty quiet when left on his own... he could build Legos for days!  So, Sophie is my only loud one around right now... I've been sticking her outside on the trampoline (it has nets so it's kind of like an outdoor playpen!) and letting her jump and sing to her heart's content while I soak up the quiet-ness that is my home. 
Although I'm thoroughly enjoying the slower version of our life (no soccer practices or volleyball tournaments for a couple days...)  I really miss my soon-to- be-high school freshman cuz she breathes so much life into our home!   She's really fun to be around.  And witty.  And she always cracks up at her own jokes :)  So, in a nutshell, the quiet is enjoyable, but I am definitely very ready for her to return so we can all get back to normal!

Here are a few more pics of our trip to San Francisco.  It was really amazing and a great time for one-on-one bonding.  Sometimes our lives become scooting from one game or practice to another so we really needed some mom-daughter time.








I've already started planning an 8th grade trip for Jake :) Maybe by then I will have won  the lottery and we can hang out in Italy...  Of course, his dad called dibs on taking him, so maybe I'll just send them camping or something!

And, in the middle of Lauren's month-long graduation festivities, don't worry!  I do remember that I have two other children.  So... pics of Jake's baseball season coming soon.  He smacks that ball!  I see him as a Designated Hitter in his future with the Dodgers.  (That way he can live close by!)
 
And here are some cute pictures of the baby... who will be 3 years old on May 28th!  These last 3 years have flown by!!

Here she is waking up on her 1st Birthday.  I love the confused/grumpy look!  It reminds me of myself in the mornings.






And here she is on her 2nd birthday!





She gets soooo excited and she absolutely can't wait for her 3rd birthday cupcakes! 

1 comment:

Mrs. Filgas said...

I'm sure you meant to say that Jake could be the designated hitter for the Angels, since the Dodgers, who play in the National League, don't have a DH. And just because he plays for the Dodgers, it's still no guarantee you'll get to meet Mike Piazza.

Those pictures of Sophie are adorable!

Lara