Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Great Giveaway.

Before the giveaway...
Here is another then and now photo... just to make you cry right along with me!
Oh. My. Gosh!  Are you dying at how cute she was??

I remember driving straight to Joey's office to show him this picture
because I was so excited to have a picture of her
smiling rather than screaming her little lungs out!

And now look at this!

Bee-Yoo-Ti-Ful!!

And here's another to break your my heart:
Lauren and her cousin, Kayli, on the first day of Pre-School

And, eleven years later:
Sorry it's sideways... I was trying to be artistic.  And failed :)

On to the GIVEAWAY...
I have to tell you that one of my favorite parts of the day over the last week has been reading the comments you left in order to win my starbucks card.  I know that you all don't love me as much as I love you and all you really want is to find out how much is on that card!!  I will give you a hint:  it is probably less than my age but more than Lauren's!!  How exciting!!
The following  special people were entered into my Giveaway:

Courtney:  Fabulous Fabulous ex-nanny who we would give our right arms for if she would come back and live with us!  Sophie needs a taste of Courtney love since Jake is so sweet due to spending two years with her!

Aunt Lara:  Our favorite Southern-Ca based Aunt.  She is an AMAZING teacher and her school just won a huge award - I'm sure due in part to her!  She also recently took up running in order to make other people feel bad and fat!  Well, maybe that's my own issue :)

Aunt Anne:  Lauren's best buddy in the family.  Has twin girls with curly hair that rivals Sophie's and lives in the best place of all - right near NYC!

Angie:  Aahh... My favorite 5th grader of all time.  Well, her and her posse of girls who are STILL best friends to this day.  I love that about a small town!  Angie  married another of my favorite 5th grade students (they waited till they were older!) and they live happily ever after in the house in Shafter that she grew up in.  And she is BRILLIANT!  Does it get any better than that??

Sharon:  I want to be a mom like Sharon!  She is still super close with her grown daughter -another of my 5th graders :) and always has a clean house.  She remains calm in every situation AND she and her fun husband love being together!  Oh yeah, she also exercises regularly and teaches aerobics!  Yep, I want to be her!!

Valerie:  My daughter's bestest friend's mama!  I adore her.  She is so much fun to be with.  Sometimes our daughters are embarrassed by us that we are having such a great time.  We laugh at all the same things :)  Very loudly!  And I want to be adopted by her extended family.  They are amazing!

So you see - I have no favorites and therefore will not be "fixing" this contest.  I wish all of you could win. 

You know what?  "You are all already winners just for having participated!"  Hee Hee Hee... I needed to practice my Junior Miss speech so it doesn't get rusty!

P.S. When I reach 1,000 readers - which will be soon - I will no longer be able to give individual shout-outs. Sorry.

First, I gathered letter tiles with the first letter of everyone's name.  Except Anne.  She is represented by an "M" cuz her middle name is Martha and I don't know Angie's middle name!


Jake his home with strep throat  :( so he gets to pick. He also gets lots of chocolate ice cream. 

And the winner of the $Ihavenoideahowmuch Starbucks Gift Card is...




VALERIE  VALERIE  VALERIE  VALERIE  VALERIE  VALERIE  VALERIE 

Yay for Valerie!  Sophie calls her "Dowrie" - It's very cute.  And, on occasion, Sophie also calls her "My Cousin Dowrie" - although she is not our cousin.  And Sophie also says that Dowrie and her sister (Audra) are her friends who are coming to her birthday party with pink cupcakes.  You see, Sophie LOVES Valerie and her sister Audra ( who took care of Sophie as a baby).  And they are like family to her.  So... cousin, friend, or otherwise - I am glad they are a part of our world!!
Congratulations Valerie!!  Let me know how much was on the card so I can weep.

P.S. again:  I doubt Sophie has a birthday party this year cuz she is the 3rd child and I'm tired. 

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I have never been part of a blog but I love reading great things about myself!!! Thank you for picking me.....i feel like I won the lottery!!!! I am going to Starbucks in the morning.....sorry!!!

Mrs. Filgas said...

That photo at the top is one of my all time favorites of Lauren, too. I remember when you sent it to us. I would literally sit and stare at it.

Today, I bought the second most expensive pair of shoes I have ever purchased.....and they're for running. What has happened to me?

P.S. I think the Starbucks giveaway was rigged.

Lara

Aunt Anne said...

I think that's an upside down A with a missing line across the middle. I'll be expecting my card in the mail any day now.

PS - isn't it ironic that I'm so close to NYC, yet so far away from Starbucks?