Friday, March 12, 2010

In Memoriam...

In Jake's own words:  "Mr. Fluffy was a good fish.  He swam.  He ate.  He had friends.  Then he died.  This is a horrible day...sniff sniff.."

Yes, Mr. Fluffy was found lying on the bottom of his home this morning and now I get to spend my afternoon at Walmart finding Mr. Fluffy the Second.  Luckily I'll only be out about $1.57.

Pray for Jake.  I made him scoop out ole' Mr. Fluffy and flush him.  There was no way I was getting near a dead fish!  Gross!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Mr. Fluffy.  But I DO have pictures of the GOATS that kind of just showed up in our back acre 3 days ago!

Apparently, Joey "spoke" with a Basque sheepherder and due to Joey's SUPERIOR Basque language skills he negotiated that we would have a few cute wooly sheep and their baby lambs in our back area eating the grass that has grown almost knee-high.  

Instead, we came home to... goats!  LOTS of goats.  Some with horns!
Who, in my opinion, are really just freeloading. 





And to top it all off, Joey is not exactly sure when our friend the sheep goat herder will be back for them! Give Joey a call and ask him how this particular negotiation is working out for him!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm sorry, but I have to admit that I'm giggling over the goat situation. I'm sure it's not so funny having to live with a bunch of goats behind your house....but it makes for funny story, right?