The Goats left today.
Yes, our friend, the goat herder, came back for his herd. This time I spoke with him. We had a very nice conversation... in Basque. But I TOTALLY understood him. I understood "no comida". Hmmm... the grass/food is gone. I understood "mucho hot". It's been a little warm lately. I understood "you are very skinny". Well... maybe that's not exactly what he said :)
The goats seemed very happy to see him even though we have been WONDERFUL to them. We even had some baby goats born while they fed off our land (sounds kind of Little House on the Prairie-ish!)
My new friend the goat herder
He just walked... and they followed...
It was kind of magical and sad at the same time.
I wish I had the power of a goat herder...
They literally kicked up dust on their way to greener pastures.
As if they were glad to go...
Except for this cute little guy... He wanted to stay a bit longer and didn't seem to mind
that all of his friends were taking off without him.
Until he noticed his mama was gone and off he ran!
So, our back acre is mowed down and Joey is happy... but Jake is VERY sad. He loved those goats, asked to keep one at least 3x a day, and held the newest baby goats in his arms. This little boy needs a dog!
And yes, Lauren is still battling chickenpox!
1 comment:
Does Lauren still have chickenpox? What is life like without the goats? WHAT'S GOING ON??? I need an update!
Post a Comment