Lauren's Fan Club:
(taken with my phone)
Did you notice her Frontier-colored scarf? :)
Jake did get a pass from last night's game though to hang out with his friend. He can only take so much!
Funny thing about Jake: Watching soccer is very difficult for him because he absolutely can't stand when the referees (seem to) make an inaccurate call. He gets very disturbed by it and wants someone to go after the game and speak to them. But he also doesn't like the rowdy parents who yell at the ref... It makes him uncomfortable. It's his whole black-white-everything-should-be-fair thing he's got going. I love it about him, but he definitely needed a break from soccer last night :)
Here's my girl before the big game.
We played Stockdale High. Stockdale is a definite powerhouse in girls' soccer. Frontier has NEVER beat Stockdale. Actually, Frontier has NEVER EVEN SCORED against Stockdale! But... Guess what the headline in the Bakersfield Californian was today?? FRONTIER BEATS STOCKDALE 1-1
Yep, it was a tie, but a HUGE victory for Frontier. We scored early - YAY for our Seniors... they wanted it sooo badly! Stockdale scored late. Nobody scored in overtime.
Wait, let me correct myself... Frontier actually DID score a game-winner. Wait, let me correct myself... MY DAUGHTER :) did score the winning goal, on a beautiful free kick that she bull-dozed into the goal (that's one of her jobs... bulldoze the ball into the goal on free kicks and corner kicks) BUT, the GAME-WINNING GOAL was disallowed!! because there was an apparent foul in the backfield - miles away from the goal, in a spot I highly doubt the ref actually had a good angle to see... The crowd went berserk!! as they had been all night. Our asst. coach was red-carded. Their head coach was yellow-carded. Several girls were yellow-carded and I believe the referee blew his whistle at least 50 times during that game. (good that Jake wasn't there) It was a VERY physical game and my girl has the bruises to prove it. Definitely a sort of victory for Frontier!
Here are some pics from Tuesday's game against BHS which we won 4-1, but they are far from stellar cuz I am still struggling with how to stop action in such a crazy light situation and all from a mile away in the stands...
My next goal is to figure out how to link up a short video to here so you can watch a snippet of her games. "Cause I KNOW you want to do just that :) I'm thinking it involves youtube, so if someone knows how I'm all ears!!
In other news, on the one sunny day we've had lately, Sophie and I planted pansies. I love pansies and yes, I know they will probably freeze, but we needed a pick-me-up.
His class gave a presentation that I videotaped because I seem to always take pictures and I thought a video would be fun for him to have this time. Of course, today of all days, I must not have pushed the record button because although I held up that camera the whole time there is nothing at all recorded. I am sooo sad - it was a beautiful reading from the kiddos about having courage and not fear because the Lord, our God, is with us always. It's a powerful message and Jake did such a wonderful job with his part. He was so looking forward to seeing himself on video so I've apologized to him profusely and I fear a trip to Target for some Legos might be in order tomorrow to assuage my guilt. I know... he's working me, but he's so cute :) As evidenced by this darling picture I just ran across on one of my old memory cards. Who could deny this cutie some Legos??






2 comments:
Love the soccer news!! I miss the kids so much! Give everyone hugs for me!
P.S. When did Joey start wearing glasses? Tell him I said he looks so distinguished :)
Yeah for La La! Miss you guys... I love Pansies too! Maybe I should plant some too!
Post a Comment