It's time for another Big Giveaway! And this one is, shall we say, a bit difficult for me. You see, I have absolutely no will power - or desire - when it comes to eating healthy. My perfect day of eating involves mocha frappuccinos, chocolate chip cookies and bordeaux candies. This has become problematic as I've aged. So... in an effort to become bathing suit ready before the summer I am giving up frappucinos!!! Yep, you heard me. Now, I don't have one every day, but I do average quite a few (maybe 7) a week. hee hee...
They are yummy. I love them. Jake said that for Mother's Day he would have 3 frappuccinos waiting for me when I woke up. That's when I knew it had gotten out of control. So, in order to be successful I must give up my Starbuck's Card. Oh Noooooo!!!
Joey refills one for me every now and then (actually, quite often) as a gesture of Looove. But... it must go! So, one lucky reader, of the thousands I surely have, will receive not just any ole' Starbucks gift card, but MY Starbucks gift card.
You can use it to buy ANYTHING your little heart desires...at Starbucks.

I rarely check the balance so I'm not sure how much is left on it, but it could be quite a bit!! It could be not very much. It's like those grab bag prizes... $5.00 for a paper bag filled with mystery. How fun!! Only this won't cost you a dime. Just a comment.
Head to the comment section below, click the bubble that says name/url, type your name, then type your comment and submit. It's that easy to be entered into my fabulous, albeit SAD, giveaway.
You have exactly 5 days to comment on the following:
What's one piece of advice you have for Lauren as she heads into High School?
Or, Should we cut Jake's hair???
Or, How much Dora the Explorer is TOO MUCH Dora the Explorer?
Or, Tell me how great I look now that I've gone one whole day without my beloved frappuccino. (That will enter you twice!)
Actually, as long as you leave ANY comment, you will be entered!
Good Luck. I am going to cry as I hold my card for the last time.
P.S. Yes, I realize that if I were famous you would be vying for a mixer, or a camera, or a trip, and not a used gift card. Thanks for being my friends :)

6 comments:
Seeing as how I have my own Starbucks addiction I'm trying to beat, my comment is not to gain another card (mine is a keychain one, and I've reloaded it twice in the past month...I'm well on my way to gold member status), but I just have so many responses to your questions, I can't not leave a note. (On a side note, I am so reluctant to give up my frapps and lattes that I look at the nutrition info online and play with size, milk type and whip/no-whip options to calculate how many intake calories I'm willing to part with on any particular day....how crazy am I??)
#1: I can't believe Lauren is heading to high school already! Some teenagers have a tough time with this transition and stage in their lives, but Lauren has a good head on her shoulders and a wonderful support system at home, that I have no doubt that she will not only survive, but thrive and stay true to herself no matter what. Therefore, as a high school teacher myself, I would have to encourage her to maintain communication with her teachers. It may be a bit on the nerdy side, but it doesn't always have to be academically related. I love talking to my students about lots of stuff, plus I get to know them more in the process. And it's always good to have teachers who know you well.
#2: JAKE'S HAIR MUST NOT BE CUT! I love it. Enough said.
#3: Seeing as how I haven't worked for your family in a few years, and I still have Dora songs that pop up on the old iPod playlist, I'm not sure if I'm the person to answer this question. I suppose more than 1.5 hours of Dora per 24-hour period would be the limit. Or listening to the CD once through per day. By the way, did I ever tell you that I was Dora for Halloween year before last? My students were quite amused.
#4: Jill, you're looking fabulous today! But really, when don't you look gorgeous?
Now, I know I've written a novel of a comment, but Boris has his own two cents to add. He'd like to know if Joey has any idea about you giving away this Starbucks card? If not, does that mean his generous reloading will continue? He's in with a, "Jill, you look awesome!"
XOXO
Wow, Jill, you look like you must have given away your Starbucks card months ago. Are those Lauren's skinny jeans you're wearing?
#1: Lauren should do what she can to keep a positive self-esteem. Hang out with the losers so she feels better about herself by comparison. Dress in the latest fashions, even if that means showing some tummy and a lot of leg. Nothing says "high self esteem" like a super short skirt.
#2: BUZZ IT!
#3. When you start calling each other Boots, Isa, and Tico, then it's time to turn off Dora. Or when you start using the Spanish word for skinny to describe yourself.
BTW, Jill, you look fabulous!
P.S. Sorry about the "Mrs. Filgas". I use this account for school communication.
Lara
Jill, you're starting to waste away! But if you MUST give up your Starbucks card, you should definitely give it to me. Is there anyone you can think of that's more in need of a warm drink on a snowy day?? Hellooo...18 inches in one day last year. I need that caffeine or I'm going to be driven to the bottle!
So, for Lauren, my advice is to a) study and b) master the art of the subtle suck-up when studying is not enough. If she needs tutoring in that department, have her call her uncle Jeremy. Oh, and don't wear make up. She doesn't need it yet, and probably never will, and I would kill to be able to look fresh and good first thing in the morning (or any time of the day) like teenagers do.
For Jake's hair, mohawk!!! Or don't cut it. Love me some Jakey hair.
Re: Sophie's TV habit, if watching Dora is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Okay Jill, you probably burned like 800 calories just reading this, so go get yourself a snack before you pass out, you waif of a thing you!
First of all, you do NOT need to give up your Starbuck's gift card because you're already fabulously thin. That's right, THIN. So the only acceptable reason for giving up this card would be that you've decided to start blending bordeauxs and chocolate chip cookies for your morning smoothy instead of having your mocha frap. However, if you've decided that you need a Starbuck's break, I would be more than happy to put your gift card to good use on my way to work at 5:45 in the morning (obviously I require caffeine at that hour in order to be a functioning human)
I would like to give Lauren a couple of words of advise for high school: (1) don't spend all your time studying-there will be plenty of time for that in college, and (2) if you ever get the idea that slicked back pony tails are attractive, think again - looking back, they're not all that flattering.
Anyway, yay for giveaways!
You can never have too much Dora!!!! She is Sophies' BFF!! Love that little girl...don't deprive her of Dora!!! I love long hair on boys..he is your little surfer dude..pass on the advice you get for Lauren!!! :) I am trying to stop my starbucks habit but not til after I get your starbucks card!!!!
By the way... you have never looked bettter!
Valerie
I am commenting so that I can help you along the path to good health...certainly not so that I can receive a used Starbucks card. I am only trying to make sure that you stay as skinny tomorrow as you are today!
As for advice...you have received a lot of good advice so far so... I will just say ditto.
Post a Comment