Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Winner of the Dress Guess!

So... Lauren's graduation dress came from... eBAY!! 
Can you believe it?  $300.00 for a similar dress in a fancy little boutique here in town and I snagged it for... drumroll please... $50.00!!  

Basically the story goes like this:  Girl falls in love with dress in window.  Girl's mom allows girl to try it on (rookie mistake).  Dress is darling.  Dress is WAY too expensive for an 8th grade graduation.  Girl is sad.  Mom scours eBAY in order to benefit from another mother's poor choice.  Mom finds a same brand, same size, slightly similar dress.  Mom bids.  Mom crosses her fingers.  MOM WINS!!! 
On a sidenote:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feeling of winning something on EBAY.  I use the word "win" all the time and Joey tries to explain to me that it is not actually winning since I am in fact paying for a purchase.  I know! I know! He doesn't really get it!  :)

Back to the story... The dress fits perfectly!  Girl is happy.  Girl is even happier when her mama breaks down and forks over a big chunk of change for the most PERFECTLY AMAZING shoes that Girl has seen in a window. 


Mom purchases PERFECTLY AMAZING shoes from the fancy little boutique here in town and dad is no longer proud of mom for the good deal on the dress.
The End.


So, Kim wins the prize for guessing correctly!  She did have an advantage though, since she knows how much I love eBAY!

This is me with Kim in New York!  We went a couple of years ago for our anniversaries.  Yes, we took our husbands.  And, no, don't ask what I was thinking when I got dressed that morning!  It's my Wicked tee.  Can you say "TOURIST"?!!!

Here we are in San Francisco.  We took our girls last month!

Yay for Kim! I love Kim!  She is happy and fun and uplifting all of the time. She is a complete daredevil - she jumped off the super-duper high rope swing at Bass Lake while I sat in the boat, covered my wimpy eyes, and prayed for her. She works with cancer patients and they are so lucky to have her sweet self with them during those rough chemo days. She makes me feel good about myself.  Even when I'm grumpy.  I tell Lauren often that she should look for a friend like Miss Kim is to me.  I'm blessed to have her in my life!
Doesn't it make you all want to win one of my prizes so I'll talk super nice about you on my blog !!   :)
Her prize is that I am going to kidnap her 3 children and use my new camera lens to take some pics of them for her! 
#1 because they are gorgeous kids. 
#2 because I love my new lens and need some practice, and
#3 because every mama needs to have her 3 children kidnapped for the afternoon every once in awhile :)

Coming soon:  Sophie's Birthday Party Pictures!! 

No comments: